Lifespan Lifespan

I say this isn't bad at all. Definitely a passable submission. The animating quality was fairly good, although I somewhat disagreed with the style of animation, but that's just my preference. It was a bit corny, but also kind of funny too. Good luck on future submissions.

the Apple Situation 2 the Apple Situation 2

Wow...

I'm eagerly surprised and shocked to say that I like this. I never watched the first Apple Situation, but I don't seem to have suffered for not watching it, since I'm all brought up to speed, which is good in my opinion. :)

For some reason unbeknowst to me, I thoguht this was funny, probably the expressions of satan and it's randomness. xD

Only gripes were the voice acting at very specific parts, and the detail. Not that there's anything wrong with a lack of detail, as long as the acting and the dialouge are up to par. It's just better to look at submissions with moar detail. At least the animation was pretty good in my opinion.

Good luck on the sequel!! :D

SirReginald responds:

I hate my voice as well, don't think you're alone.
I was afraid this would be confusing to those who haven't seen the original, I'm glad to hear it wasn't!
Thanks for the review!

|~Snow Snow For Lucy~| |~Snow Snow For Lucy~|

I'm awe-shocked.

Honestly, this was a submission of epic porportions. Not because it had some awesome choreographed stick-fighting sequences, or because it submitted to Madness, or because it made any sort of common referances that we all that are familiar with on the internet.

This submission is epic because it is true to it's own, in truly every respect.

The entire submission proved to be quite long, as when I selected this, I wasn't even close ot expecting something to be like a DVD movie lol. I must say though that this submission at first appeared to be bizzare due to really all of circumstances and the characters, especially listening to Pink Floyd in the background.

Despite that though, it really played into the submission well. I would never have thought of a protagonist with missing arms, honestly. I also would not have been able to make her fit into a story so well either.

The athstetics are much resemblent to modern anime, but with some obscurity due to the lowered quality, obviously so, in order to submit something like this, something had to give, which is very easy to look past after being absorbed into the story.

Speaking of the story, it really is quite an interesting, involving and overall quaint story, but really studded with sorts of morals, the setting being quite minimal, but not to the disadvantage of the submission.

Overall, this is definately suitable for Christmas, sharing all sorts of messages, conveying a multitude of emotions, I love this submission.

SpikeVallentine responds:

Thank you for your appreciation. This project aint stunning or anything. But yeah, the only thing I dig is the morals. that's it yo. heheheh

Thank you for your time ! <3

Second Wind Second Wind

Now, I understand that this game has a real novel feel to it, and I really want to like it. I never got past the cave yet, although I've had the opportunity to level up at least a few times. It seems though, whenever I get to random occurances I just seem to need to use my second wind and die. I imagine this is a glitch, but so far I enjoy this game despite that issue.

squidly responds:

You automatically die at random occurrences, or are you dying at random occurances?

Boreas Boreas

Yes, this is good.

And I advise that this game be played, it's definately fun, and a fine take too on being a climbing game, I really like it.

I sometimes had some really intense moments with the second game choice involving the asteroids, personally, that is the most fun feature, even if you spam the jump button, you still need some skill to maneuver efficitently.

I also liked the loop too, don't ask me why. >_>

Urban Feud Urban Feud

This is pretty cool.

I liked this game, it seems to have strategy elements to it that seem honest, but this game could use a little polish is all.

For example, the grammar and punctuation could have been better, as people mostly cringe at this, but it's on the smaller scale for most flash submissions.

The animation was fine to me too, along with the art style, not that there was TOO much style involved with it, the submission all worked out just fine to make this game.

I think the gameplay works too, makes sense. Although, I didn't play it much, I bet others will play it a whole bunch more.

Good luck on future submissions!

Sad But True (Coverwank) Sad But True (Coverwank)

This is cute.

I like Metallica, specifically this song. When I saw that this was on my feed I was all like 'OMFG THIS NOW.' And here I am currently.

Firstly, I want to look at the duration of this song, which is just under two minutes. Sir, wut? Just kidding, this was just, as you put it, wankery so then this is more like demo or a fun thing that you just did, but besides from that, I like this.

When I put this next to the actual Sad But True, the composition and main riffs are still there, but then there are some things that you put into consideration to alter. Some minor things, like the way that you held on certain sustains, minor change-ups in particular lines that had a rearrangement of riffs.

Although, you kept more the same. Such as the entire intro, that iconic drum fill, the main riff itself (albeit, it's muted instead, an interesting differentiation). You retained the same lyrics, and pretty much, you retained the same vocal style.

I can only say so much, because of a song THAT IS ONLY A MINUTE AND FIFTY-EIGHT SECONDS LONG. -ahem- Well, I'll be leaving here after giving you 4.5 starts, the .5 is only missing because of the shortness of your submission. Otherwise, everything is right where it should be. At least, in my opinion.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Thank you, sir. The length is an experiment. Mostly as a cover song for our band. Slide it in our set, when the crowd is overloaded with "new" stuff. Only adds two minutes for our set, yet brings the listeners back in.

The variations are my personal touch. Instead of sliding to the notes, I chunked them. I am not the guitarist in my band, so, it will be even different still. (if we decide to do it) We already use Holy diver as a cover. It's super rad. So another cover near the end of the set, this could do.

Also, I am not copying the song, just trying to make it my own. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the review, dude!

Everyday Everyday

Well, dude. You never cease to impress. I really mean it, I dig pretty much all of your songs that you produce, with that said I'll start reviewing.

I noticed, this isn't a negative or positive, but this song has similar if not identical tonal qualities compared to your dark riffing song when I play them back to back. Now, as I said before, that's not an issue, just an observation.

With that being said, this song is kind of like a mixture of post hardcore stuff with some rhythmically catchy nuances and tones of Chevelle.

Yeah, with the rhythmic component is my main focus here. The riffs and that 'noise' that you harnessed early in the song set the tone perfectly. It's drudgy, snappy, yet dark and active. That seems to be a constant theme in your music and that I enjoy because it isn't a consistently found quality amongst most artists in general.

I like the way you build with the ascension within the song by building up individual bars in a verse or prechorus then the tension in that releasing in the chorus. I love that.

Also, throughout the song, you implemented descending parts such as the chorus, but also with the breakdown and parts following suit. I also enjoyed that you added sonal parts that were distinct. Although there wasn't anything in the way of a solo. That's cool, this song also fits into the nu-metal genre too. Man, that's alot of qualifications that this songs has...

Anyway, moving forward, you hit all the major frequencies and tones that I enjoyed, your percussion was basic honestly, although I did like the low toms at points, that was well implemented. Progression in this song was also up to par. Good, good. Now just repeat this a few more times and you have a well-executed album ;D

Oh, by the way. Ever since I added this song to my MP3 player I listened to it continuously. \m/

xSoundstreamx responds:

Now thats a review ! thanks a bunch man, really glad you like my tracks.
Dont really know what to say actually... Exept for you made my day man !
By the way soon i will go by the name Jacobus, jacobusmusic.newgrounds.com/
I will post remixes, updates and new songs on there from now on, just so you know ;) !

Thanks again man !
Greetz Jacobus

Feeding The Rage Feeding The Rage

Frick. So much anger and rage. Dang brother let me review this.

So first off, groovy. I've never seen much of this grooving from you, seems like you're cleaning house and innovating, this is cool! It's interesting seeing you supplement your style to do something different but still vaguely the same. It's like a fresh twist of rage, I like it. It's only a touch of groove to your metal though, which is like a taste of lemon to some fine iced tea.

This broken jam of boomy stuff is really your forte. Your tone seems pretty dang good, did you get your tone issues resolved? It seems like the tone that you're using is pretty good by your standards. I can't help but notice that it's a bit more treble-y and has a bit more 'hiss' than your own tone, but despite a minor inconvenience it's still rocking like slow death. I recall that there was that tone pedal you mentioned once, but this doesn't exactly sound like it.

I notice that you've got some bass guitar in here. It adds some more bass to the bassey tone that you already have. Now if I had speakers, they'd get demolished by the sheer amount of bass that your songs put out. I like that, that's what I expect from Bad-Man styled metal.

I used a filter like that on my solos. I think it's a 4th or 5th octave higher. It's simple. Maybe you could steal Jonas again and you two could do a duo or something hahaha.

Your drums have some fills to them this time! Ahaha! I recall in The Rot I was making comments about that, and it seems like you changed that up, I like it. Cleaning house, man. It's moderate paced, like that jam sort of speed. Although here it's reworked to a slow death thing.

As I mentioned before, I'm jealous of your vocal style. It's just perfect, there's nothing that I need to really say about it. I notice that you use a bit of a different filter, I like it. It has that sort of submarine-announcer tone to it. Maybe one day, I'll abscond you from your stuff and I'll have you do some vocals on my stuff.

Anyways, it's good to see you back on the scene. Message me sometime if you want some more reviews.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Thanks for the uber review! Appreciate it! You don't always have to work so hard, I dig it, if you dig it. haha.

Yes, this is my old pedal, (or new version of my old pedal) I have all my old tones back.. I'm not using them here. I'm using some new sculpted ones, out of the old, and something else too. My taste for what my music is and was are two different things now. Joining a live band, has made me strive for a sound that is more ALIVE, than recorded. My old stuff, to me, sounds good, but it doesn't have that ...life, to it.

As for bass...our bands bass player has opened my eyes to the importance. Not just a deep drone in the background, but something dynamic to add to the song, rather than just supplement it. I'm no where near the bass player he is, but strive for a far better bass.

Drums. I have the best drummer on earth. Without question. Of everything I've learned over the last year, its that drums don't just carry a beat. As above, I strive for a more alive feel now. Our drummer would love to help me out and actually do the drums for these songs, but it is hard enough for us all to hook up for our own jams, let a lone a side project.

And as for vocals, I have really had to step up and improve them for my band. To equal their musicianship.. That helps me with my music a lot too...even if they are quite different genres. haha.

I'm relieved to hear that everything I've worked on is getting noticed. By the time I work on that movie soundtrack, I should have everything dialed, just the way i want it. :)

Cheers brother. Look for something new and heavier in the next week. Would appreciate your thoughts on that too.

#249 | Struggle #249 | Struggle

Wow, I really do enjoy this submission. I honestly can't even find anything wrong about it, I really like this a lot. This may sound silly, but this art actually sort of connects with me.

It connects personally with me mostly because when I was younger, I used to be an avid collector of rocks and scrap metal. When I look at this piece of art, it reminds me exactly of that, and it reminds me of when I used to do that. How uncanny, huh?

You did it again, with your anonymous style of making things that are unrelatable and in an atmosphere of their own sentience. This one does look a bit like a few things though.

This does look like a quartzite material, like a semi-translucent stone made from quartz. It's really granular, and interlocking. It's a bit like one of those gems you find in the raw, how they're more pronounced from other rocks, yet still are dull and muted despite being a crystalline substance.

I really like the dull sheen you captured here. The way the light moves in the stone, is much like a marble in terms of where the dark and light areas end up.

You also put that rusty crack in this quartzy material too, that is cool. I do have a suggestion about it though. I know that it's a simple detail, but I find that it being so straight kind of implies that the domed section of the rock is flat, or on the same plane as with the section in the background. Now, I don't know if you intended that, but I see it there, and it was something I noticed.

Perhaps if there was a little more curvature to the crack, it would help express the depth of the curve from the dome? Regardless, I like this whole submission. Its rusty, coarse and milky all at the same time.

I know you like to put quotes on your work, but in my personal opinion, I think this submission would of had something detracted from it if it had words on it.

I like your work, and I still hope to see even more, my friend!

Anchorwind responds:

Thanks for your thoughtfulness. Stick around long enough and there will be new work to see. I bounce between Audio, Visual, and Written works, but always something.

tank concept tank concept

Interesting, mate.

This is like some sort of cross between steampunk-esque and Gears of War style. :o

I really like how it's a half-track, and it's quite a bit rusty-looking, like an antique of war, dude. It also looks relatively simple, coppery or brassy, but on top of that, I really can't find anything wrong with this submission.

A brackground would be nice, but meh. :P

AssKiller responds:

thanks for the feedback. I'll improve this design to make it more "possible". I'll ad some sort of mechanism so he can turn his front tracks and improve the back tires so they're more resistant to firepower. Maybe add some shielding or something.

{BT} Underground Symmetries {BT} Underground Symmetries

Oh WOW.

Look at this! Look at this!

This piece looks like a hybridyzation of the matrix and your piece 'Guts' in terms of construction. I love this piece for some reason, it has an interesting vibe to it, like a digital tide almost.

Also, I commend you on using a different pallet of colors this time. The blues and reds are really cool for a color scheme, but it's nice to take a break from them every once in a while, dig?

Anyway, I like the little details in this... Like, this piece looks like it was etched out with a gel pen, if I were to give my honest take on the style. Not to mention the jaggedy-ness of the curves help relay a digital ridgid, pixelated feel, almost like sawblades, but not as lethal.

Cutting everything into boxes also did a similar effect, it's mysterious with those shades of green and black, I love it.

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.